Enroling in an Italian School
By law, Italian schools have to accept all children under the age of 18 even if the necessary documents have not all been provided. In this instance the enrolment is "a temporary enrolment", until the parents or guardian have been able to produce the necessary documentation. During this time they have to produce a written proof of intention to substitute the missing documents.
- Birth certificate (Translated into Italian)
- Residence Document (EU citizens) or Residence Document & Permesso di Soggiorno (non-EU citizens)
valid for the parent/guardian and child
- Proof of immunization for polio, diphtheria, tetanus and hepatitis B
- Proof of identity (ID Card or Passport)
- Passport photos
- Stato di Famiglia (Family Status Certificate)
This can be obtained from the Anagrafe (Local registry office) if the person is a resident or if application has been made for residency
- Translation of the home country's school curriculum to enable the school to properly place the child
Registration can be done at the school or at the Anagrafe Scuole Stali (School Registry Office)
Italian education system
Italy makes some of the most beautiful, handcrafted products and gifts in the world.
Click here to treat yourself... or someone you love
Direct from Italy